murder and cross-backend mailbox sharing

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jun 9 03:56:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

Quoting Paolo Cravero <pcravero at as2594.net>:

> Hi.
> I have a setup with 1 frontend, 1 murder, 2 backends. I am playing with
> cross-backend mailbox sharing, one of the features we value most.
>
> Problem. While I can access shared mailboxes that reside on the same backend
> just fine, with Thunderbird (1.5/linux) I can see shared folders on other
> backends, but when I subscribe nothing is subscribed.

The subscibtion is managed on the backend of the user. Cyrus checks if the
Folder you whant to subscrib exists. This Check is done only on the backend.

You have to use allowallsubscribe: 1

             Allow subscription to nonexistent mailboxes.  This option is typi-
             cally  used  on backend servers in a Murder so that users can sub-
             scribe to mailboxes that don't  reside  on  their  "home"  server.
             This  option  can  also  be  used as a workaround for IMAP clients
             which don't play well with nonexistent or  unselectable  mailboxes
             (eg.  Microsoft Outlook).

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen