murder and cross-backend mailbox sharing

Paolo Cravero pcravero at as2594.net
Tue Jun 9 03:20:48 EDT 2009

Hi.
I have a setup with 1 frontend, 1 murder, 2 backends. I am playing with
cross-backend mailbox sharing, one of the features we value most.

Problem. While I can access shared mailboxes that reside on the same backend
just fine, with Thunderbird (1.5/linux) I can see shared folders on other
backends, but when I subscribe nothing is subscribed.

Thunderbird always connects to the frontend machine. All cyrus servers have
the same Invoca RPMs (v2.3.14-Invoca-RPM-2.3.14-2). Authentication via PAM
LDAP, if that matters.

I use virtdomains but all accounts are under the same @domain . ACL are
"anyone lrs".

Summarizing: I can access shared mailboxes on the same backend, but on
different backends they cannot be subscribed,

Something I should look for?

TIA,
Paolo