Migrate from 2.2. to 2.3 with ldap

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Jun 5 05:11:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck. I want to migrate from 2.2.12 to a recent 2.3.x server.

cyrus.conf includes
  ptloader      cmd="ptloader" listen="/mail/imap/ptclient/ptsock"
     prefork=1

imapd.conf includes
  ldap_* parameters
  sasl_ldap* parameters (with auxprop ldapdb)

Current install is with ldap enabled, build with
  --with-ldap=/opt/freeware
  --with-pts=ldap \
  --with-auth=pts

In 2.3. there is only "with-ldap" left.
Is this enough to build with the intended ldap support?

The available rpms from openSuSE Build Service (openSuSE 11.1 or SLES
11) form SLES 11 all do not have the with-ldap option set.
I cannot find any ptloader binary after install.
Do I not need any ptloader for ldap anymore?

Marc