how to exclude subfolder from expiration using annotations?

Carsten Hoeger choeger at open-xchange.com
Mon Jul 20 04:33:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm currently trying to find out how to use cyr_expire in combination with
annotations exluding one single subfolder per mailbox.

I'm running RHEL5 with v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-2.el5_3.2.

What I did:

. setannotation "user/test1001" "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" ("value.shared" "1")
. OK Completed

. getannotation user/test1001 "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" "value.shared"
* ANNOTATION "user/test1001" "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" ("value.shared" "1")
. OK Completed

Now I want to exclude the "Sent Items" folder from expiring, so I did

. setannotation "user/test1001/Sent Items" "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire" ("value.shared" NIL)
. OK Completed

But that does not work:

$ su - cyrus -c '/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyr_expire -E 3 -v'
expiring messages in user.test1001 older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.Drafts older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.Junk older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.Sent Items older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.Trash older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.confirmed-ham older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.confirmed-spam older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.subfolder older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.subfolder.subsubfolder older than 1 days
expiring messages in user.test1001.subfolder.subsubfolder.subsubsubfolder older than 1 days

In the cyr_expire manpage I read:

[...]

The  value  of  the /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation is inherited by
all children of the given mailbox, so an entire mailbox tree can be expired by
seting a single annotation on the root of that tree.  If a mailbox does not
have a /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire annotation set on it (or does not
inherit then no messages are expired from the mailbox.

[...]

I found no further resources describing how to achieve what I want.
Is that possible at all?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger