Automatically moving marked mails?

Clément Hermann (nodens) nodens2099 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:00:11 EDT 2009

A milter such as mimedefang could allow you to do filtering on a per-user
basis on the mta level, if you are willing to write a lot of (perl in case
of mimedefang) code. Actually, this is implemented in the commercial
solution based on mimedefang, canit-pro (roaringpenguin.com) : each user can
have his own "flow" and trigger filtering, including spf or greylisting if
the administrator allows it.

Nothing to do with cyrus, or even sieve, though ;-)

(Please excuse top posting, gmail android client is suboptimal)

--
Clement Hermann

On 7 13, 2009 11:54 AM, "Ian Eiloart" <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:

--On 9 July 2009 11:51:32 -0400 "Greg A. Woods" <woods-cyrus at weird.com>
wrote:

> At Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:46:42 +0100, Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Automat...
We let people create Exim filters at the MTA level, but they operate on
delivery not as messages are accepted. They don't have access to all the
functionality that a system filter does, but Exim filters have more
functionality than Sieve filters.

> However Sieve in the context of this mailing list is the one inside >
Cyrus IMAP, i.e. the local ...
We don't like that much, either. However, I'd be happy to allow users to
reject specific senders (a) at SMTP time, or (b) in the event that a
positive SPF or DKIM match were found. I don't know of any Sieve
implementations that meet those conditions, though.

> Luckily the RFC 5228 > removed "reject" as a directly mentioned feature
(leaving it only as an > ...

Ian Eiloart IT Services, University of Sussex 01273-873148 x3148 For new
support requests, see http:...

Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/ Cyrus Wiki/FAQ:
http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki Li...