Automatically moving marked mails?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 12:20:11 EDT 2009

--On 7 July 2009 09:57:23 -0400 Jorey Bump <list at joreybump.com> wrote:

>> Personally I'd suggest Mac OSX and Apple Mail as a first cut for anyone
>> who wants an easy-to-manage and easy-to-use, and half-decent MUA.
>>
>> It doesn't do everything I want to do as a hyper-experienced e-mail
>> user, nor is it apparently easy to write proper extensions for, but it
>> certainly does cover all the main requirements the average user has.
>
> I disagree. Apple Mail has some fundamental usability issues that need
> to be addressed. Every time I try it out, I can't get past the fact that
> there's no easy way to step through all unread messages in a mailbox.
> How do people quickly read new mail with Apple Mail?

I have a smart mailbox which shows me only the "unread messages" in a
collection of mailboxes.

What I don't like is that it constructs RFC ignorant headers when sending
messages to people in Address Book groups. It's a bug that I've repeatedly
reported with every version of OSX since the public Betas. I think the
current version of this bug (it's their third attempt at fixing it), is
that it creates a TO header like: