Upgrade and Migration

Peter Clark clarkp at mtmary.edu
Thu Jul 2 16:26:05 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have an old cyrus install (2.1.16) with 30GB of data that I need to
migrate to a new server. My challenge is that something on that server
is screwed up and I have no access to PERL on that machine anymore (the
OS is past EOL, so it is long past time to move anyways). I have a new
box (2.3.14) and a bunch of trepidation about screwing this move up. I
have looked at the Cyrus Upgrade doc and seemingly this is a rather
straight forward operation.

Does this make sense?

1.rsync (pulling from the old server to the new):
    config directory (/var/imap)
    partition-default (/var/spool/imap)

2.  /usr/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb /var/imap/mailboxes.db berkeley
/var/imap/mailboxes.db.new skiplist

3.  mv /var/imap/mailboxes.db.new /var/imap/mailboxes.db

4.  find /var/imap/user -name \*.seen -exec /usr/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb
\{\} flat \{\}.new skiplist \; -exec mv \{\}.new \{\} \;

5. start imapd

Is that it? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thank you,

Peter