GSSAPI authentication ceased working

Michael Bacon baconm at email.unc.edu
Wed Jan 7 18:34:47 EST 2009

Shot in the dark here, but are you using AFS?  If so, you can run into some
nasty things if it tries to grab libraries out of AFS that you have access
to when you have AFS tokens, but which become unavailable when they expire.
You start up the process with the tokens, but when you log back in, you
obtain tokens for yourself, but not the PAG that the process started in.

If you want to know what you're linked against, use ldd on your binaries
and on your SASL plugins.  If you see paths in AFS, that's likely your
problem.

-Michael

--On Friday, January 02, 2009 5:19 PM +0100 Lars Hanke <lars at lhanke.de>