List to Spam Harvest

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 27 14:04:29 EST 2009

We're considering just getting rid of the
http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/archive/mailbox.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus
archive interface, since we also have the mailman pipermail archives at
http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/

Since that's more of a long-term project, I just hacked the php script
that generates the archives you're talking about to obfuscate the
address in the exact manner that pipermail does for mailman archives.
Essentially, replace "@" with " at ".

I seriously doubt this would thwart even the laziest, most dim-witted
spammer, but I also don't feel very strongly about the value of
obfuscation anyway.  Hopefully this will be a compromise that everyone
can live with.

Thanks,

Dave
--