reconstruct: Authoritative ACL?

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 06:18:00 EST 2009

Hi!

 >> I can imagine situations where this is not what you want.
 >
 > I can't.  Please share a couple.

If they are currupted for whatever reason?

I mean, by the books, reconstruct is a utility which you should not
need, because if nothing ever goes wrong, you will never have a need to
reconstruct mailboxes.

Also if I follow the subject recently discussed in a thread here, which
basically says: "Hands off the files, if you need to move things around,
do it through IMAP" you could argue that you shouldn't need the -f
switch as well.

Would it hurt to have a finer grain control of how reconstruct works?

Regards,
Torsten