imp webmail, cyrus imap and virus filtering

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:41:00 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM, andreas moroder
<andreas.moroder at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a imp/postfix/cyrus system. The mail that goes out and comes in
> from/to our system via smtp is checked by trendmicros virus wall.
>
> The problem is mail that remains in our mailsystem and is accessed via
> imap from imp. Viruswall has no way to check this mail.

You mean mail already already in your INBOXes received before you have
installed your trendmicros filter, or mail sent internally by your
user ?

In the last case the simple solution is to ask your user to send email
directly to your trendmicro !
If this is not possible you can configure your trendmicros as a filter
for your postfix !
But if you want keep your trendmicro in front for your incoming email,
and have postfix in front for your local users, this is an unusual
configuration, ask the postfix mailing list for information to do that
!

Regards

> Is it possible to write a sieve filter to start a virusscan on this mail
> ( by scanning the specific file in the users mail directory ? ) every
> time a mail is created or read via imap ?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas
>
> ----

Alain Spineux