Cyrus DB Errors "DBERROR: error fetching user.username" even after reconstructs

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Feb 11 16:32:27 EST 2009

Josh Whitver wrote:
> Thanks, but I've already gone in via cyradm and deleted the mailboxes
> and recreated them, and following the steps above, completely rebuilt
> the mailboxes.db file last night - same problems.  Thank you Mario,
> but I think my princess is in another castle! :)

Josh,

To get more details about what's going on underneath the hood, you can
use the debug_command option (man imapd.conf) to obtain a back trace of
the hanging imapd process.

For some configuration scenarios, see:

https://langhorst.com/cgi-bin/dwww//usr/share/doc/cyrus21-common/README.Debian.debug.gz

If you know the specific mailbox that is causing the problem, and you
want to only debug specific IMAP connections, you could configure (in
/etc/cyrus.conf):

        imap            cmd="proxyd -U 30" listen="1.2.3.4:imap"
prefork=0 maxchild=200
        imaplh         cmd="imapd -U 30 -D" listen="127.0.0.1:imap"
prefork=0 maxchild=200

where 1.2.3.4 is the address your users connect to. And then connect to
the 127.0.0.1 imap port to debug that user's connection.

- Dan