2.3.13 - fails to unlinking quota file

Aristotelis arisg at noc.uoa.gr
Mon Feb 9 04:12:07 EST 2009

Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Looks like the whole quota system is pretty broken actually!

> Yeah, ho hum.  So I guess we don't bother trying then.
>
> I'm not, off the top of my head, sure how much quota.root looks like a
> mailbox, and internal mailbox, or a filesystem path.  I'm not sure that
> the code is 100% clarified on this at all places either!  I've been
> looking into exactly that issue while trying to make sure all the buffer
> sizes are correct for handling DELETED.* mailbox names safely and
> allowing users to be able to delete any mailbox name they are able to
> create!

Hello,

  If I'm not mistaken this is an issue that has come up before.
As I quote :
When a folder is assigned a quota it becomes a quota root for all
subfolders except those that have quotas defined and their children.
Under Cyrus it is not possible to remove a quota root, and reassign the
relevant subfolders to a parent quota root.

There is a proposed solution sometime back the rmquota patch that it is
included in a number of different cyrus imap packages.

I think more relevant for this issue is  the deletamailbox patch (that
is based on the rmquota patch). I quote :
Cyrus imap doesn't remove the quota from a folder when this folder is
deleted except if the folder is user.X folder. There are some comments
in Cyrus code about possible places where code can be inserted to deal
with this situation.

  These patch however are not yet compatible with the delayed delete
code since in UOA we are not using cyrus 2.3.x. However if you think
that this is serious matter we are willing to work with you so that this
patch can me merged to the mail cyrus tree.

  For more info please look at:
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/quota-patches/rmquota/
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/quota-patches/deletemailbox/

  Best Regards.