Can't get IDLE working..

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 8 22:29:52 EST 2009

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:32 +1030, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> I got this..
> 5 OK Completed (0.000 sec)
> <1234148011<6 IDLE
> >1234148011>+ idling
> >1234148059>* 2273 EXISTS
> * 2 RECENT
> <1234148059<DONE
> >1234148059>6 OK Completed
> <1234148059<7 FETCH 2272:* (UID FLAGS RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE)
>
> So it does seem it's working.

Yeah, that looks idly.

> It doesn't explicitly say either way but it's fast enough for me :)
>
> It is annoying Pocket Outlook has such a gimpy IMAP engine though
> (FlexMail is
> nice however)

I wouldn't know, I still do all my own email via offlineimap on my laptop and
then mutt against the Maildirs.  No IDLE support or anything.  I'll probably
kick that aside for something nicer one day, but it's working for now.

(besides, it means I batch email rather than getting continually interrupted)

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm