Another cache bug!

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 8 21:09:31 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 09:41:48PM -0400, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
>> So - did you try a reconstruct?
>
> No, I wasn't sure if reconstructing would bring back expunged e-mails or
> not. Plus I had 3893 accounts showing these errors and once cyr_expire
> started working with -X1 I didn't pursue reconstruct. :-)

It won't.  It might unlink them if you don't call it with -x though.

Reconstruct is pretty save, especially after David Carter did a bunch
of work last year at making it do a neater job of updating the cache.

> One thing I forgot to mention is that /var/imap is on an ext4 filesystem
> and all the metadata is stored there.

Shouldn't matter.  Unless your ext4 is actually bogus.

> metapartition_files: header index cache expunge squat
> metapartition-default: /var/imap/metadata
> delete_mode:delayed
> expunge_mode:delayed

Looks a lot like ours (except the paths of course)

Bron.