Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Dec 22 16:33:45 EST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I have update my Cyrus installation from 2.3.15 to 2.3.16.
>
> I know have this following error :
>
>   IOERROR: opening /var/imap/user_deny.db: No such file or directory
>
> How can I correct this ?

You could change you syslog to not log debug messages.

> Modify imap configuration file ?

No.

> Create the user_deny.db, if yes how ?

You could simply create an empty file ${configdir}/user_deny.db
But, then new messages will show up in syslog for every login about
reading the user_deny db.

Because I can't easily change syslog in my RPMS I decided to do the
following:
1) change the code so it will create the db if it doesn't exist.
2) comment out the syslog message which simply tells that the db is being
read.

I did the same with the statuscache db some time ago and decided to do it
again here :)

I understand my "solution" has the drawback that it 1) creates the db even
if it's not used and 2) it may add some extra cycles because it tries to
read the empty db. Doesn't look perfect but works.

Regards,
Simon