proxyd cpu usage

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Tue Dec 8 09:49:15 EST 2009

>> read(0, "00000002 LIST \"\" INBOX.*\r\n", 4096) = 26
>> read(0, "00000003 LIST \"\" user.*\r\n", 4096) = 25
>> read(0, "00000004 LIST \"\" *\r\n", 4096) = 20
>
> Those LIST queries seem a little odd coming from a normal user account in
> Cyrus.  Are you logging in as a Cyrus admin account?  Why is the client
> asking for "user.*"?

Nope, this is a normal account in the Horde webmail package.  I don't
know if I can really blame the client, it's doing a LIST against the
NAMESPACEs specified by cyrus.

I didn't catch this earlier (i.e., before production) because our test
environment is non-murder (some test environment, I know) and for some
reason a 'LIST "" user.*' there works fine with roughly the same number
of mailboxes, no delay at all and no foolstupidclients setting.

My fix here is to spoof the NAMESPACE with Horde's "imap_config"
parameters.  You can manually specify which namespaces to recognize into
a config file and voila, it'll only look at INBOX.*.  I'm not sure we'll
really need shared folders anyway.

John

--
John Madden