proxyd cpu usage

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Dec 7 13:29:58 EST 2009

On 07 Dec 2009, at 10:33, John Madden wrote:
> In a 2.3.15 murder I'm seeing high frontend server cpu usage and I'm
> wondering if it's normal or if there's something I can do to reduce
> it.
>   What are the bottlenecks that can lead to proxyd pegging a cpu for
> several seconds, particularly during login (using imapproxy to reduce
> logins appears to reduce system load) and when not using TLS?

At a guess, it sounds like load from LIST.  You should be able to see
what's causing the load if you have several seconds.  For example,
enable telemetry and look for long turn around.  Or use strace (or
equiv).  Have you experimented with foolstupidclients?  What is your
client mix?  How many mailboxes do you have?

:wes