Cyrus upgrades and then -- DB corruption

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Sat Dec 5 16:15:00 EST 2009

Folks,

We are continuing our quest to upgrade our Cyrus IMAP servers from RHEL
3 i386 with Cyrus version 2.2.12 to RHEL 5 x86_64 machines running cyrus
version 2.3.14.

I've had 2 cases now where the upgrade appeared to go smoothly.  Cyrus
comes up, logs look fine, lmtp mail is flowing in, users are happy, and
the logs are perfect.  For a few minutes until the alians corrupt the
database.  Suddenly we see stuff like:

Dec  5 15:02:55 xxxxxx lmtp[4724]: DBERROR: error fetching