No subject

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 28 11:29:15 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I got an unusual problem with sync_client. I am running two machines with cyrus-imapd 2.3.14, let's call them primary and secondary. I ususally have syncserver_allowplaintext: 0 set on the secondary so sync_client on the primary will connect using TLS. This worked fine until a few weeks ago. I am monitoring the sync_client on primary via a daemon to see if it's running and suddenly got noticed that sync_client died. Checking the problem I found out that all of a sudden the sync_client wouldn't connect using TLS anymore. I didn't change anything on either of the machines, the only thing that happend that morning was a problem with our DNS server.

The funny thing is that synctest is working using TLS but when I try to run sync_client with TLS I get a Segmentation fault. Using strace I can see that sync_client connects to secondary and gets the greeting from secondary. After that it gets an SIGSEGV.

This is not related to the certificates, these have not changed and are still valid.

Any ideas ?