Modifying existing setup to use Cyrus Murder

Alexander alex.q.castle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:03:35 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I've inherited a working Cyrus installation (a pair of servers behind
a Perdition proxy), and I'd like to modify the existing setup to make
use of the Cyrus Murder.

I've found the following documentation:

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-murder.html

But the reason I'm writing is to ask for general advice before I
start.  The document is a little short on specific detail;  have any
of you done the same?  Have you run into any traps, or non-obvious
issues?  Anything to watch out for, or general advice?

Also, I see that there is a warning at the beginning of the document
about "Murder is still relatively young".  Is this still the case, or
is this just a leftover warning from years ago?  Can it be considered
reasonably stable and ready for usage?

Thank you very much,
Alexander