migration, esp of .squat files

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Wed Aug 12 17:18:50 EDT 2009

Will rsync'ing squat file work, even if I'm going from 32 to 64 bit?

I understand that BDB files need conversion and I think I know where
they are.  Could anyone give me a recipe for finding them?  Are there
any in /var/spool/cyrus (it looks like no)?

I also understand that those are the only problem areas when shifting
architectures; in particular skiplist will be OK.  I hope someone will
correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm running Cyrus 2.2 on Debian Lenny, going from i386 to amd64
architecture.

I think I could also delete and recreate the squat files, but that seems
a bit more work.

Also, I saw the recent discussion of imapsync vs rsync.  Mostly, I'm a
little nervous about some state getting lost if I do the imapsync route.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan