How to test timsieved

Duncan Gibb Duncan.Gibb at SiriusIT.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 08:26:35 EDT 2009

Paul van der Vlis wrote:

PvdV> How can I test timsieved directly, so without Ingo?

For high-level functions, you can use sieveshell, which is in the
cyrus-admin-2.2 package.

> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-5.1"

In that case, I meant the "cyrus21-admin" package...

Telnet should also work as low level tool.  After connect your next
input needs to be

AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" "xxxxxxxxx"

where xxxxxxxxx is the base64 encoding of username\0username\0password
for the credentials you're testing.  For example if your username is
"paul" and your password is "secret", you could do this:

AUTHENTICATE "PLAIN" "cGF1bABwYXVsAHNlY3JldA=="

If the server says "OK", try the LISTSCRIPTS command, and so on.

Note that timsieved is very intolerant and will simply exit dropping the
connection if you make a protocol error.

Duncan

--
Duncan Gibb - Technical Director
http://www.siriusit.co.uk/ || t: +44 870 608 0063