Cyrus administration problem

Nybbles2Byte nybbles2byte at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:08:45 EDT 2009

That was it! Well, close enough. I couldn't find any ldap_default_realm in the latest version but I was able to Google it and found someone else who has a similar question.

The key in this version (downloaded a month ago) is to change "virtdomains: 1" to "virtdomains: userid".  This prevents Cyrus from doing a reverse DNS and then it just uses the servers short name for the realm - consistently (instead of the randomness I was getting from the reverse DNS - although now that I think about it it was probably the DNS server handing out r-lookups in a round robin order).

In any case, problem solved, thanks!
Reggie

 Nybbles2Byte                            mailto:nybbles2byte at gmail.com