Cyrus on 64-bit RHEL 5

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Mon Apr 13 09:59:18 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 23:49 +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> I'm not a fan of running anything that needs good performance on any
> kind
> of virtualization. At least you me really check that you get good IO
> performance out of it.

FWIW, building from source on RHEL 5 on a Xen DomU with 6 cores and 2GB
memory, currently delivering around 150msgs/sec via postal to ~350k
accounts (via LDAP).  Storage is all "Xen phy:" storage to a EMC DMX
(metadata) and IBM 4700 (SATA, mail storage), 6 LUNs of each.  I'm
pretty happy with those numbers.  Raw hardware would of course be
better, but I find the overhead of Xen to be worthwhile.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer