Weekly/Monthly record-keeping / maintenance?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 2 18:19:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 10:42:23AM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Okay, well, for what it's worth, I fixed all of the
> problems prohibiting me from running a quota -f
> to completion.
>
> The problem: imapdu.pl is buggy

Doh.

> It fails to do the right thing with mailboxes containing
> a space in the name.

Yeah, that's not entirely a surprise.  Spaces in names
confuse lots of stuff.

> 1.46 MB 114 msgs INBOX.BMP
> 1.46 MB 114 msgs INBOX.Bio Stuff
> 0.00 bytes 0 msgs INBOX.Drafts
> 1.25 MB 36 msgs INBOX.HLT
> 1.25 MB 36 msgs INBOX.Information Retrieval
>
> # $Id: imapdu.pl,v 1.9 2008/04/04 12:47:14 murch Exp $
>
> I don't suppose 'murch', the author of the code reads
> this list?

Yeah, he's around, though he doesn't always see stuff as quickly
if it's only sent to the list.  I've CC'd him.

That said, he's likely not the author - just the last person that
changed things.  Given that he did a giant sweeping copyright
update of nearly every file in the tree a couple of months ago...

  my ($rc, $msg) = $cyrus->send('', '', "EXAMINE $mb");
  if ($rc eq 'OK') {
  } else {
      print "failed: $mb: $msg\n";
  }

Apart from being icky perl, that will fail to change mailboxes
because the EXAMINE command will have dodgy syntax.  I'm not
entirely sure why you're not seeing the 'failed' messages
though...  The "$mb" needs to be at least quoted - which is
why I generally use something like Mail::IMAPTalk that can
do correct protocol quoting.

Ahh - it probably does output the "failed" stuff further up.

Bron.