cyrus won't recognize new partition

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:38:08 EDT 2009

On 31 Mar 2009, at 10:33, Jesse Ross wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  The only thing that the mkimap script
> does differently from the way I did it was to create a directory /
> var/spool/imap07/sync./.  However, I still can't get cyrus to
> recognize the partition!  The symptoms are the same; ownership of
> directories set to cyrus, appropriate permissions as copied from
> working partitions, configuration same as for the working partitions.

IMAP_PARTITION_UNKNOWN isn't associated with permission problems,
typically.  For the create code path, you get it when there's a
failure to convert the symbolic partition name to a path.

> Is there perhaps a way to get cyrus to log what it thinks the
> problem with the partition is?

The number of cases that can result in IMAP_PARTITION_UNKNOWN is
pretty small, I'd probably try inserting some logging into the
process for those results.  It's either a bug or configuration
oversight, I'm sure.

:wes