suggestion need to design an email system.

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Thu Sep 18 02:33:48 EDT 2008

Hi David,

If you want ZFS you have several choices, OS X (Leopard), as there is a
development version that supports RAID-Z and works quite well.  You
can't boot off of it, but that will change in Snow Leopard.

Additionally you can use Opensolaris such as Nexenta, or you can use
fuse to get ZFS into Linux.

Truthfully I would rather use Nexenta to get ZFS which at least gives
you a decent working system... Unlike a standard Solaris where you are
forced to get either Sun One (Forte?) or an ancient version of gcc off
of sunfreeware and start building.   :(

However I do look forward to the day when Sun dual licenses ZFS as GPL
and sticks it in the Linux kernel and throws us all a wrench, for good
or bad ZFS introduces some excellent overlooked ideas that it's about
damned time someone introduced.

Scott