suggestion need to design an email system.

Scott M. Likens damm at yazzy.org
Thu Sep 18 01:28:58 EDT 2008

I debated writing a gui for Cyrus for administration, but I realized
that people implement Cyrus in so many different ways.  Kerberos, LDAP,
*SQL, various forms of PAM.  Then you add in virtual domains, and how
you might want alias's and might not, and different MTA support... and I
just caved.

Creating a basic way to support Cyrus is extremely easy in ruby, has the
ability to create mailboxes easily, delete them, set permissions and set
quotas.

That would be the basics, but once you create a web-ui to support the
basics.  You could write it up in Ruby on Rails in a couple hours to
cover the basics and get the job done.  But it's tying the
authentication system and MTA into the app that would be the hassle.  :(

(now I write this i don't know why I did... but I did)