suggestion need to design an email system.

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Sep 18 00:54:10 EDT 2008

Do Duc Huy wrote:
> Hi,
> I am in a same situation with you about system components. I have used
> postfix+cyrus+ldap for email system since 2001 and system performance is
> still good now. But I have to face with two problems with this system. The
> first one is GUI for user and administrator.
The GUI to administrate the cyrus+ldap is really a wanted since long.
Presently I am using egroupware groupware and it provides emailadmin
interface to put the cyrus  admin user and password. When I create a new
user, it also creates a mailbox for that user in the cyrus. But running
a groupware just to administrate the cyrus is more than enough. That's
why I am looking an interface to do the same. There is web-cyradm but I
have not found any doc which shows how to configure it to work with
Ldap. If you find any success with gosa or something else , please let
us know. we can't overlook the postfix+cyrus+ldap combination because of
its performance. ldap is first but difficult to design tool for ldap

> Squirrelmail was helpful enough
> for user but I have to develop my own administration page for admin
> purposes. Thanks for the link about Gosa you have sent, I will check it
> later.
> My question is about my second problem. It 's about antispam and antivirus.
> I have used amavis for spam and virus filter. This can block virus very well
> but it have no effect in blocking spam mail, I think.
> So is there any one know about other opensource spam filter products which
> work fine with postfix+cyrus+openldap and helpful in antispam

Amavisd-new and spamassasin  are your friend.

> Thanks in advance
>
> ----
> Do Duc Huy
> Centre for Development of Information Technology - CDiT
> Viet Nam Posts & Telecommunications Group
> Address: 2nd Floor, VCCI Building, 9 Dao Duy Anh str,Dongda dist,Hanoi
> Tel: (+84) 04 5 742 879
> Fax: (+84) 04 5 742 857
> Mobi: (+84) 0904 34 38 38

Joydeep Bakshi, Linux System Admin