Cyrus IMAP/POP Banner

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Sun Sep 14 11:33:22 EDT 2008

> I have been googling over there and haven't find the answer to my question
> just another man looking for the same as me... I wanted to change the banner
> that cyrus imap and pop sends when you connect to them... basically the
> server greeting... I think it could be quite dangerous to show the version
> you're running... even the server you're running. Please could be anyway of
> doing this? how could I get my goal? For example when you telnet to port 110
> or 143 to be shown :
> +OK IMAP Server
> and nothing else....

man imapd.conf
<quote>
serverinfo: on

The  server  information to display in the greeting and capability

"off" = no server information in the greeting or capabilities
"min" = servername in the greeting; no server information  in  the
capabilities
"on"  =  servername  and  product version in the greeting; product
version in the capabilities

Allowed values: off, min, on
</quote>