wrong date of emails - how to change?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 23 18:13:29 EDT 2008

Sneaky approach number 1: delete cyrus.index and run reconstruct after
touching the files.

Sneaky approach number 2: use the sync_server protocol to directly
change the INTERNALDATE (I've done this with my "IMAP to Cyrus" importer
that can keep UIDVALIDITY and all that jazz... it's not very polished
yet though! - so far I've only used it to import my family's old email
from Courier into FastMail's Cyrus world)

Sneaky approach number 3: use Cyrus::IndexFile from my perl stuff
(I'm sure I've posted it before, but I should probably package it
up and push it upstream) to directly fiddle the cyrus.index and
change the INTERNALDATE that way.

Sneaky approach number 4: use a hex editor and hand fiddle cyrus.index
(I don't do that any more, I have a library.  I also have a tool which
can dump cyrus.index files as a plaintext editable format and then
recreate them from same!)

Bron ( though I haven't used it for so long it probably has bitrot! )