INBOX folder not available

Laurent G laurent.mail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:20:58 EDT 2008

2008/10/21 Ken Murchison <murch at andrew.cmu.edu>

> Laurent G wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> under Linux Debian Etch and Cyrus Imap 2.2.13-10, I planned to synchronize
>> ACLs between too IMAP servers, using imap. This works fine for almost
>> mailboxes, except for very few of them.
>>
>> Symptoms :
>> -1- the IMAP command SELECT does not work on the "INBOX" folder. (when it
>> works for the huge majority).
>>
>> Non working example :
>> 02 SELECT INBOX
>> 02 NO Mailbox does not exist
>>

> If you're sure that the mailbox exists in mailboxes.db and on disk, then
> the authenticated/authorized user doesn't have permission to see the mailbox
> ('l' right).
>

> --
> Kenneth Murchison
> Systems Programmer
> Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
> Carnegie Mellon University

Hi,

You were right.
The same context was set on the non-working box as on the working ones, done
by script (imapsync) with user Cyrus.
But the few non working boxes had been renamed by the past and the ACL was
not. Those folders were usually accessed by other users than the one nammed
like the box (clear?)

Anyway its solved by setting the right ACL.

Thank you.

---
Laurent