wrong date of emails - how to change?

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Wed Oct 22 10:39:45 EDT 2008

When I copy old emails from one folder to another then the date of this
emails as shown by several clients (OutlookExpress, Thunderbird) is not
the original date but the date when I copied these emails.

First I thought I can change this date by changing the date of the
actual file that contains a certain email, but this did not work.

So how can I change the date of a email on a cyrus-imap-server?

Do I need to delete certain cache-files and reconstruct all mailboxes or
is there a secret (at least to me) command or ...?

thnx for any advice,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl - goldfisch.at