Cyrus 2.3.13 RC2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:02:25 EDT 2008

Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> There have been 5 major releases of PostgreSQL since 7.2 was released
> and 7.2 is EOL in the next few months. I think it is completely reasonable
> to not support version 7.1/7.2 in a new system considering that 7.1 is
> EOL and 7.2 will be shortly.
>
> Cheers,
> Ken

Oh seriously, don't even waste time worrying about it. 7.2 died a long
time ago, 7.3 was EOL the beginning of this year [1], and 7.4 is about
to go the same way real soon now. Normally adding 7.3 support is fairly
easy if required, whereas going back to 7.2 is often a complete pain,
plus you have to live with several unfixable data loss bugs...

HTH,

Mark.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.905

--