Issues with user.sub files - subscription files hangs system.

Adam D emlists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 05:02:12 EDT 2008

Sorry, been doing some extensive testing and every test still end in the
same results.

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:08:42PM -0700, Adam D wrote:
>
>>> createonpost: yes
>>> autocreateinboxfolders:  "Drafts|Sent|Templates|Trash|Junk Mail"
>>> autosubscribeinboxfolders: "Drafts|Sent|Templates|Trash|Junk Mail"
>>>

> I would suspect these in the first instance, having never seen this
> behaviour before on any of our production systems.  You're running
> the auto-create-folders patch obviously.

Ahhh, yes... We did not use the auto-create patch on this system.

> The existance of the .NEW file for a skiplist suggests that something
> crashed during a checkpoint.  Are you sure that it's a skiplist database
> being used for the .sub file?

We had converted the sub file to a skiplist from a flat file and either
format still gave the .sub.NEW file.  The server had crashed on a couple
of power outages in a single day but oddly even a new built Debian
system without any of our configs still gave us the same issue.
Currently the .sub file is a flat file.  From each of our testing this
happens on a fresh raw install to our production server.