Issues with user.sub files - subscription files hangs system.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 1 02:40:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:08:42PM -0700, Adam D wrote:
> > createonpost: yes
> > autocreateinboxfolders:  "Drafts|Sent|Templates|Trash|Junk Mail"
> > autosubscribeinboxfolders: "Drafts|Sent|Templates|Trash|Junk Mail"

I would suspect these in the first instance, having never seen this
behaviour before on any of our production systems.  You're running
the auto-create-folders patch obviously.

The existance of the .NEW file for a skiplist suggests that something
crashed during a checkpoint.  Are you sure that it's a skiplist database
being used for the .sub file?

Can you email me the .sub file if it's not too confidential.  I'm
interested in seeing if anything's wrong with it.  I really do think
it's probably in the autosubscribe code... I don't run the Ubuntu
or Debian packages directly anyway, because we use 2.3.x for the
replication features and some other goodies.

Regards,

Bron.