Planning for load balancing

Jacco Rens jacco at jaccorens.com
Wed Nov 19 10:58:45 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm currently running Apple's Mac OS X Server as mail server for about
100 users. The current setup has problem keeping up with all those
users, since cyrus is limited to 300 sessions. The mail client in use
opens 4 sockets per account, so there are quite often time-outs or
password errors during office time. Now I want to look into solving
this issue, without investing in new hardware. I can run VMware, with
2 or 3 more virtual Mac OS X Servers.

Would the cyrus murder function help me here?
Can anyone advice what could help?

Best,

	Jar.