Unpredictable results from imapsync runs

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:43:58 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Ciprian Marius Vizitiu
<cvizitiu at gbif.org> wrote:

> Hi Alain,
>
>> Are you sure the cache of the imap client you are using is really in
>> sync with both client ?
>
> I've checked from both Outlook and Thunderbird, Vista and Centos. Anyway, I
> know the drill so between the runs a "dm user.xxx" and then a "cm" was
> performed AND the accounts deleted and created again on the client(s); I'm
> sure the client cache is out of the question.
>
> ... Wait, here's the final argument against the client cache: a simple ls *.
> | wc -l shows the number of files to be different in the respective folders.
>
>> Are you sure the source mailbox in not corrupted?
>
> Hmmmm! Now THAT's an interesting question.
>
>> a reconstruct could be useful
>
> On the source mailbox you mean? I'll try that OK.

Yes on the source.

Other trick :
- try to increas imapsync verbosity an check for any error message
- increase the cyrus verbosisty : You can trac any imap command send
by a user ,
by just creating a directory inside the cyrus logging directory with
the same name
as of the user you wan to monitor.
Dont forget to give cyrus user right to this directory.

Do this on both end and check for error

> ----

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com