Restore cyrus mailboxes.db script

Proskurin Kirill k.proskurin at fxclub.org
Thu May 29 04:41:18 EDT 2008

Hello all.

Yesterday we have a situation.
On device were we store config directory of Cyrus 2.3.7 free space was
finished...

Im stop the Cyrus, and free some space. Try to start it again. It does
not start. Then im look to logs im found that a we have many cyrus db
errors. After some examination and fixes im found that mailboxes.db was
empty (144 bytes). Cyrus can start but it dont know anything about
mailboxes what stored in cyrus partition.

We look at reconstruction tool and found the magic "-m" option which
must reconstruct mailboxes.db parsing cyrus partition. But...
it`s dont implemented yet... Great...

We start to gooogle.
Funny thing - google full of cyrus db error stories.
After some hours of goooogling and shell scripting this script was created.

Idea of this script is to parsing a cyrus partition and create a file in
cyrus databases text dump format.

See attachment.

It is not fully universal of course but it works. Im hope Cyrus
developers can make some sort of "reconstruct -m" program based on it.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill