tell sieve vacation not to reply to return-path

christine kuhlmey ck1 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon May 26 06:46:47 EDT 2008

Hello to all,

I need to forward my emails from one server to another and on that way
the Return-Path header is being modified to my own address on the
forwarding host. This usually won't be a problem because the From-header
remains unchanged. But at the final destination server (cyrus) I do
email-filtering with sieve and after filtering I want to submit vacation
messages to the original sender.

Unfortunately sieve-vacation sends it's replies to the address in the
Return-Path header, which is my own address thus sending vacation
replies to myself and not to the originator of that message.
Is there a way to tell sieve not to do that and to reply to the
From-address instead?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance -
Christine Kuhlmey