Return-Path in Sieve Scripts

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri May 16 10:04:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

--On 16. Mai 2008 14:20:09 +0200 Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:

> I am delivering mail to cyrus from exim using lmtpd.
>
> Apparently lmtpd adds the Return-Path header only after the sieve
> scripts have been processed, because in the scripts I cannot match
> this header.
>
> If I add the return-path using exim before the message is delivered to
> lmtpd, the sieve script works. However, lmtpd then adds a second
> return-path header. This is does not cause any actual problems, but I
> do not like it nevertheless.
>
> Is there a way to forbid lmtpd to add a second return-path header or,
> alternatively, to have it add the header earlier, so that I can use it
> in sieve scripts?

I can't answer your question, but I don't think it's a good idea to even
try it like that. That's what the "envelope" test in RFC 5228 is for ...

require "envelope";
if envelope :all :is "from" "tim at example.com" {
                discard;
}

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5228#section-5.4>

So the better question would be IMO if and when Cyrus will support that
test.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK