Return-Path in Sieve Scripts

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Fri May 16 08:20:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am delivering mail to cyrus from exim using lmtpd.

Apparently lmtpd adds the Return-Path header only after the sieve
scripts have been processed, because in the scripts I cannot match
this header.

If I add the return-path using exim before the message is delivered to
lmtpd, the sieve script works. However, lmtpd then adds a second
return-path header. This is does not cause any actual problems, but I
do not like it nevertheless.

Is there a way to forbid lmtpd to add a second return-path header or,
alternatively, to have it add the header earlier, so that I can use it
in sieve scripts?

Thanks in advance,

   -Nikolaus

--
 Nikolaus at rath.org | College Ring 6, 28759 Bremen, Germany
 Class of 2008 - Physics | Jacobs University Bremen

 »My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.«