Cyrus questions, lost emails, reconstruct

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu May 15 16:54:20 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Derrick Seymour <seymourdh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Derrick Seymour
> <seymourdh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Blake,
>>
>> --- Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net> wrote:

I dont know anything to os x packaging

> the -i is from one of apples documents on how to
> reconstruct the entire database for cyrus.  the -r is
> for a single user, knowing now that it is broken makes
> a lot of sense with the problems i am having
> reconstructing.

-r is for "recursive" (on usual cyrus install)

> latest system changes was the installation of
> spamassassin with procmail for the relay.  This i
> believe this caused my initial problem with the
> disappearing emails.  Not to concerned about that
> right now, though i will be very happy to receive
> suggestions on that.

cyrus users use SIEVE instead of procmail.
Of course sieve is not as flexible as procmail, but a lot lot
faster, more secure, and part of cyrus

Read this, to be sure your procmail configuration is compatible with cyrus
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html

Is your mail store on a networked disk ?

> Main problem is to get reconstruct working, I will
> deal with the disappearing emails later on, need to
> get them back now and be able to get them back
> reliably in the future until i fix the core problem
> with the disappearing emails.
>
> updated info that i found:
>
> when i take a look at the mailbox.db for the user that
> has a corrupted in box i get this....
>
> myserver2:/var/imap user# sudo -u cyrus
> /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d | grep brokenuser
> user.brokenuser   default BROKENUSER        lrswipcda
> user.brokenuser.INBOX^Drafts      default brokenuser
>     lrswipcda
> user.brokenuser.INBOX^Sent        default brokenuser
>     lrswipcda
> user.brokenuser.INBOX^Trash       default brokenuser
>     lrswipcda
>
> as you can see the inbox has the user in all caps,
> makes sense now why they can't get into there inbox, i
> believe this is case sensitive, so now how do i change
> this back to lowercase and or which reconstruct
> command (i know -r is broken) will work.  I don't mind
> the broken construct if i can edit the mailbox.db
> successfully to fix the one issue with the caps.  can
> always do up a script.

use cyradm to change ACL, using "sam" command

> i've checked other users, all of there info is in
> lowercase....
>
> thanks
>
> Derrick
>

> ----