Cyrus - GFS slow start and poor performace

Scott Likens damm at yazzy.org
Thu May 15 13:15:56 EDT 2008

If you wish to do load balancing,

I suggest looking at nginx.

For documentation ... http://wiki.codemongers.com/Main

I don't have a lot of experience with GFS1 or OCFS, however I don't
expect great performance.  I would imagine worse then ext3 or about
the same is the best you will be able to achieve.

You may have better luck with syncclient, or setting up Murder with 2
Front ends and 1 backend.  I guess the bottom line is read-write
configuration shared between 2 servers is .. (to me) hit and miss.  It
really depends on what your trying to do with it, and how your trying
to make it work.

In this case, I would not personally suggest a read-write with DRBD or
ocfs/gfs as you are going to either encounter bugs from filesystems,
cyrus, or both; if someone has a configuration where any 3 of those I
just mentioned works great... then by all means please chime in.

Scott