Cyrus - GFS slow start and poor performace

Maurizio Lo Bosco maurizio.lobosco at eng.it
Thu May 15 09:25:58 EDT 2008

> Given that he's got two machines, I might suggest mupdate_config:
> replicated and definitely have mailboxes.db on local disk.
I'm taking a look at the configuration of the mupdate replicated architecture.

As stated in an old post on this list (20-Dec-2005), the Cyrus 2.3 replicated
configuration seams a very good solution, but in the current documentation is
stated :"Note that load balancing is not possible with the current
replication code, but it is intended to be supported in the future."

I would like to use both server in active/active configuration, is it possible
with the mupdate replication?
Otherwise I will study the solution proposed by Bron to sync a local
mailbox.db with the GFS...but I have to pay attention on the contemporary of
the sync from the two servers.
Regards
  Maurizio