sieve extension squirrelmail not working anymore

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Mon May 12 05:53:53 EDT 2008

Some time ago I filed a "bug" for the CSWcyrus package. Using it I
could no longer access my sieve scripts through my squirrelmail. (that
use to work very well with cyrus-2.3.09 and stopped working w/ 2.3.11

Not only squirrelmail has problems; also the thunderbird extension does
not work right (I read in this list).

From the maintainer at CSW I got this reply:

 yann - 2008-05-11 20:47 EDT
Ok I've had some time to work on your bug and I was able to reproduce it
with Thunderbird Sieve extension.

This problem seems related to TLS. Can you confirm that you only
reproduce it with TLS enabled in Thunderbird sieve extension or with
the squirrelmail plugin ?

Unfortunately, it's not sure the bug is on the cyrus side as I can
connect without problem with TLS with sieve-connect:
http://people.spodhuis.org/~pdp/software/
Can you also try to connect with sieve-connect ?

Sniffing the traffic and looking at the log, it seems tls is negociated,
thunderbird authenticate successfully but is blocked before any sieve
command is sent.

Did you also try to report the bug to the thunderbird sieve extension
author ?

Unfortunately sieve-connect does not compile on my S10 box. So I can't
check it. I did not sent a report to the thunderbird ext owner eithe,
because the problems are already known ;-)

But what strikes me is that it is NOT only thunderbird sieve that
chokes; squirrelmail chokes too. And that was not the case with older
versions of cyrus.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
++ http://nagual.nl/ + SunOS sxde 01/08 ++