Migrate Sieve Scripts

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 6 02:37:24 EDT 2008

Quoting Shelley Waltz <shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu>:

> A bit of confusion over moving my users' sieve scripts to the new server.
>
> Old server, 2.2.3  duplicate_db=berkeley
> New server, 2.3.7  duplicate_db=skiplist
>
> Documentation indicates the duplicate_db determines both duplicate
> delivery db as well as sieve.

sieve uses the duplicate_db only for vacation and forward-loop detection.
Deleting/not migration duplicate_db will only result in vacation beeing send
out in reaction to an email even if the sender has recieved a vacation
message recently. And in case of a forward-loop that am email will be
forwarded.

But you can dump the duplicate_db on the old system and import them on
the new.
Have a look at cvt_cyrusdb.

> My old sieve scripts(uncompiled and compiled) are in
> /var/lib/imap/sieve/"a-z"/username
>
> To migrate the scripts, do I need to recompile?  If so, what is the best
> way to do this?

IMHO you should recompile the scripts. Use tools/masssievec