Slow Outlook Connector

Michael Glad glad at daimi.au.dk
Mon May 5 15:52:35 EDT 2008

We run Cyrus 2.3.11 + Fastmail patches as of January 2 on a 64 bit RHEL 5.1
Opteron server.  We have some 1000 users and up til 300 simultaneous imap
processes. The system works nicely with MUAs like Thunderbird and various
flavors of Outlook and shows no signs of any significant load.

We do, however, have users using the Oracle Outlook connector who complain
about bad performance.

I've set up a testaccount with a 16k messages folder.  Using Thunderbird,
messages are shown w/o any noticeable delay when I click them.  Using
Outlook+outlook connector, the message 'getting complete message' are shown
for at couple of seconds before the message is actually displayed. This may
be what annoys the users.

Are there other Cyrus sites out there with similar problems?

	-- Michael