Any command to get rapidly ALL annotations?

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Fri May 2 09:07:29 EDT 2008

> To get a tiny statistic we are going through all mailboxes and use
> GETANNOTATION to retrieve possible annotations, which is a time consuming
> progress. GETANNOTATION does not like wildcards like LIST.

Yes it does.

Bah, seems the draft is up to -13 now, and they've actually changed the IMAP
command to GETMETADATA. Anyway, the cyrus implementation still uses
GETANNOTATION and seems to implement somewhere around -05 draft.

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-05.txt

   Both "*" and "%" list wildcard characters MAY be used in the mailbox
   name argument to commands to match all possible occurrences of a
   mailbox name pattern. However, "*" or "%" by themselves MUST NOT
   match the empty string (server) entries. Server entries can only be
   accessed by explicitly using the empty string as the mailbox name.

I'm pretty sure this works from my memory and testing.

Rob